I solved my quarterly filing issue for

my side job by asking my payroll person on my real job (and that would be me) to withhold an additional $200/paycheck for federal taxes.

We typically are under-withheld because we get $$ from a family business in March for the prior year. We don’t know how much we’re getting until we get the check and the K-1 from the business.